Managers or employees of port, distribution, forwarding, storage and transshipment companies or other companies where hazardous substances are physically handled. The environmental permit of these companies stipulates that at least one competent person must be present during operations to combat and prevent incidents involving hazardous substances.
Minimum of VMBO or equivalent level.
The course consists of the following modules:
- Hazardous properties, including use of chemistry charts.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Handling and fighting incidents with hazardous substances, theory and practice.
- Storage and transshipment regulations, including the PGS 15 guideline.
- Legislation on transport of hazardous substances.
- Use of small extinguishers, theory and practice.
- Examination training
Examination and certification is conducted by the competent authorities division.
Those who pass receive a certificate of competence in handling dangerous substances from the competent authorities. The certificate is valid for 5 years and can be extended by passing a recertification examination six months or more before its expiry date. For the competent authorities and controlling bodies this certificate is proof that the person has the required level of competence.